On occasion clients who live a fair distance from my office contact me for design help. In this instance I enjoy creating style boxes for them that we like to call the “Design Inspired Living Box” at Sérendipité.
This box is a proposed overall design scheme for a particular room or space in your home, all wrapped up in a beautiful box that comes to you via mail. After an initial meeting with the client or a few phone conversations, the Design Inspired Living Box is a great way to get far-away clients their desired design results in the most efficient and effective way.
The box contains the following:
1) A well organized binder consisting of:
- Photos of all proposed new furnishing & accessory selections with dimensions and specifications
- A space plan of your room/space with the proposed new furnishing arrangement (including any existing furnishings the client wishes to keep)
- Paint Selections
- Drapery-style concept photos with hardware selections
- Photo concepts of any custom built-ins or crown molding.
2) Tangible samples of fabric swatches proposed for all new furnishings (or reupholstered pieces), pillows and draperies. Samples of any area rugs, carpet, wood flooring, tile, etc.
Sérendipité’s most recent Design Inspired Living Box was created for a lovely young couple in Los Angeles. After an initial meeting with the couple at their home to take measurements, photographs and to get to know their personalities, lifestyle and design style, we had a blast creating their Design Inspired Living Box and can not wait to see the design come to life!
Wishing you a very happy, healthy and inspired New Year!